Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Baby is 5!


WOW I can not believe my little Teddi Bear is 5 years old. I cried when she turned 1. 2, 3, & 4 were no problem but 5, FIVE holy buckets this one is a biggy (for me) We did her family birthday dinner and presents on her real birthday. In my family we always got 1 big present and then smaller presents. Teddi's big gift was the Leapfrog Leap Pad. She LOVES it. When she opened it she got all super duper excited couldnt believe she was getting one, then straight face and calm looks at us and asks "what is it?" We were laughing so hard! She plays with it all the time. :o) She has even taught her younger sister how to use it. I can hardly believe how well Teddi is sharing her gift. The minute Josie wants to play with it Teddi says "ok but then it is my turn" Is this a sign that the 5s are better than the 4s?? The 4s are rough, only someone with a 4 year old knows what I am talking about. My friend Sara put it perfectly that it is all the emotions that they are learning and experiencing and like Teenagers they just can not handle them. It is like they have a million split personalities some with bipolar disorder and some of those personalities you would swear like to drink! LOL JK :P  The next day we did her friends birthday Party! It was so much fun! We decided to do a bonfire so that the kiddos could roast their own hotdogs and marshmallows, we had TONS of Balls everywhere, bubbles, chalk, and a big yard for them to run in. The theme was Monster High, I had a large wall poster that we put up on the garage, hanging thingies that we hung outside, and I made homemade cupcakes and decorated them to look like the monster high skull with the pink bow.

I started running out of time on the skulls and had to rush them a little bit, next time I will give myself more time, but I think they turned out pretty good. The kids at least were quite impressed! Teddi got almost all the Lala Loopsies that were on her list and some new barbies that went with her Barbie Movies (they make the cutest movies!!!) She was on cloud nine and had such an amazing time.  I did learn why people hire someone to take photos at parties, I was so busy hosting and running around everywhere that I only got pictures of her opening presents. Those pics did not turn out to well because Teddi kept getting mad at the wind blowing over her presents so she has a scowl in most of the photos LOL. Next time I am designating a photographer or paying someone.  Not only did Teddi get to see people near and dear to her heart, but I got to see people that I do not know what I would do without! I am a million percent sure I have the most amazing friends. Having them here to support me so to speak and to celebrate my daughter's birthday meant so much to me. Kids birthdays are not always the most exciting thing in the world but to know that I have people in my life who care enough to come spend the day with me well it meant the world to me. A couple of my friends even made me tear up! I am such a baby! When I had kids one of my biggest fears was that I would lose friends because I was no longer able to be the girl they called on to go and party, luckly for me, my friends and I have made it work. I found this quote that sums it all up so perfectly! "Much of the vitality in a friendship lies in the honouring of differences, not simply in the enjoyment of similarities." James L Fredericks. My bestie Chelsea and I were talking one of the last times we were together and part of why we have never arugued and are able to just be there for eachother and have fun where ever we are is because she could never do/want to do what i do and I could never do nor do i want to do what she does.  It is a recipe for Perfection!  I think sometimes everyone needs a reminder of the people in their lives that are there for them & Love them and this past weekend was def a reminder for me.
My Little Teddi also had another birthday surprise for me that she woke me up for on Sunday. She has TWO LOOSE TEETH!!!!!!! Are you kidding me! Talk about mommy's baby is growing up too fast heartbreak. Nate picked up some $1 coins for when it falls out, which we are sure will be super soon since we can see the adult tooth has already broken through the gum line behind the loose tooth. I thought kids did this closer to 6 years old not 2 days after their 5th birthday! I remember when she was just a little midget curled up in my arms while I fed her. Thinking Wow she is mine. Promising her to always love her and care for her and be the best mom I can be. She draws pictures of her family with hearts & rainbows all over the place and tells us stories, puts on shows with sweet songs and dances, she is a happy child. I couldnt have asked for more. I couldnt be happier with her. Even her sarcasm makes me proud. My Mom and I spoke when I was pregnant with her that we wanted her to be part of our family (I looked into adoption) and be sarcastic like us. She fits in perfectly!!!
Happy 5th Birthday to my Beautiful Theodora XoXo
 

2 comments: