Saturday, February 25, 2012

Revamping leftover Creamed Chicken.


I had leftovers from the Cream Chicken that I needed to revamp for a "new" dinner. Its Ok if we do straight leftovers for lunch, but My kids hate leftovers for dinner. So I had to make it a new meal!  Checked my pantry and found a few things that I thought would do the trick and knock on wood would also taste good. It turned our Delicious! **pat on back** :p   
~Recipe~ (so to speak)
Creamed chicken leftovers
Bow tie Pasta
tomato
can of tomato soup (undiluted)
Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350.
boil water for the pasta cook until about 2 minutes away from being "done" strain the pasta and place back in empty pot.  Add in the creamed chicken, tomato, tomato soup and stir until it is all beautifully mixed together. Pour into a casserole dish, sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese (you can also stir parmesan cheese into the whole thing or any cheese you like and have on hand) and bake until desired browness, doneness.  I didnt know what time my lover was getting home, so it stayed in the oven for over an hour and was still perfect (I love the noodles on the top that get crunchy from the baking, so good!) Eat and Enjoy!

**I also had a couple pork chops in my fridge that I had made with an Apple/sugar mixture. I cut up the pork chops and boiled them with the pasta to get the glaze to come off as much as possible and I added that to my casserole too. if you have other meats or vegis in your fridge that also need to get used, Add them!**

No comments:

Post a Comment