Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oh so easy Home Made waffles!


Every so often I run out of Pancake/waffle mix. (yes I like shortcuts now and then!) I wanted to make waffles but had to find a recipe that used ingredients I had on hand. I took a couple recipes I had and kind of "combined" them to make my own recipe using what was in my kitchen. They turned out DELICIOUS! The midgets scarfed them down and wanted more!

~Recipe~
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup warm milk (heat on stove for a minute, but you do not want it hot because then it will cook the eggs)
1/2 cup melted butter
3 teaspoons vanilla

Allow waffle iron to heat while preparing the Waffle mixture.
Combine all dry ingredients until mixed well. Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix on medium until well combined (but still a little lumpy) Cook & Enjoy!!!!!
Want to know a great trick to make this easier and faster? Use a Blender!!! They have cute little spouts on them that make them easier to pour and you only dirty one dish! I used a blender and it was PERFECT! :D

**Note**
Make extra waffles and put them in Freezer bags, freeze and Voila you have breakfast any given day, they are so much better then the frozen store bought waffles and reheat just as nicely either in the toaster or the microwave :D

No comments:

Post a Comment